Bramley Sunnyside Junior School understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. we respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://bsjs.co.uk/ and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Our site is operated by Bramley Sunnyside Junior School.
Bramley ROTHERHAM S66 3QW
2. What Does This Policy Cover?
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 12 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 14 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 14 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. we do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 14.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to;
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our Site;
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time).
- Analysing your use of our Site to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience.
Third Parties (including Google, Facebook, Twitter) whose content appears on our Site may use third-party Cookies. Please refer to our cookies policy for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
we will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Until our services are no longer required to use that data. Each person will be on a case by case basis. For more information please contact us.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
we will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
we share your data with external third parties, as detailed below in Part 10, that are based outside of the EEA.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 14 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
8. Do You Share My Personal Data?
we may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply our website services. In some cases, those third parties may have access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
- Schoolzine Pty Ltd – Website and communications platform developers.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
9. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct communication (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails.
10. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
11. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 14.
we will respond to your subject access request within a month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
our Site may place and access certain first-party Cookies on your computer or device. For full information about the cookies on our site, please refer to our cookies policy.
13. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following:
Bramley ROTHERHAM S66 3QW
we may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.